variants: or Puteng \ ˈpüˌteŋ \
plural Phuteng or Phutengs or Puteng or Putengs
Definition of Phuteng
1 : a mountain people of Laos occupying the intermediate slopes between the plains and the higher mountain lands of the Miao people
2 : a member of the Phuteng people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?