variants: or Puteng \ ˈpüˌteŋ \
plural Phuteng or Phutengs or Puteng or Putengs
Definition of Phuteng
1 : a mountain people of Laos occupying the intermediate slopes between the plains and the higher mountain lands of the Miao people
2 : a member of the Phuteng people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game