Phron·i·ma | \ ˈfränəmə\
Definition of Phronima
: a genus (the type of the family Phronimidae) of pelagic amphipod crustaceans having one known member (P. sedentaria) that lives in a barrel-shaped case made from the swimming bell of a siphonophore or the test of a tunicate
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?