Phoe·nic·u·lus | \ fēˈnikyələs\
Definition of Phoeniculus
: an African genus (coextensive with the family Phoeniculidae of the suborder Coracii) comprising the wood hoopoes and having a long decurved bill, a long wedge-shaped tail, and no crest
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game