Definition of Philosophical Radical
: one of a group of early 19th century English liberals characterized chiefly by a belief in Benthamite utilitarianism and advocating legal, economic, and social reforms including free trade and reform of Parliament and the judiciary
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game