Definition of Phecda
: a white star of the second magnitude that is part of the bowl of the Big Dipper The best way to find these galaxies is to draw a line from the star Phecda, in the lower left corner of the Big Dipper's pot, to Dubhe, at the opposite corner. — St. Paul (Minnesota) Pioneer Press, 25 June 2006
— called also Gamma Ursae Majoris
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game