Phaeo·tham·ni·on | \ ˌfēəˈthamnēˌän\
Definition of Phaeothamnion
: a genus (the type of the family Phaeothamniaceae) of rare yellow green algae growing upon other algae and having a definite central axis and ascending lateral filaments made up of cylindrical to subovoid cells
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?