Definition of Petrarchist
: a poet writing in a manner characteristic or imitative of Petrarch specifically : one of the poets of the English Renaissance whose sonnets reflect the influence of Petrarch in their conceits, play upon words, and involved structure
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game