Definition of Persian melon
1 : a large globular muskmelon having a netted unribbed greenish outer surface and orange-colored flesh that is considered superior for freezing
2 or persian melon : a grayish reddish orange that is redder and lighter than Etruscan red or hyacinth red and redder and paler than light persimmon
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game