Per·o·nos·po·ra·les | \ ˌperəˌnäspəˈrā(ˌ)lēz\
Definition of Peronosporales
: an order comprising chiefly parasitic lower fungi (subclass Oomycetes) that have equally biflagellate zoospores and conidia which either germinate directly or act as sporangia and contain the families Albuginaceae, Peronosporaceae, and Pythiaceae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game