Peri·sphinc·tes | \ ˌperəˈsfiŋ(k)(ˌ)tēz\
Definition of Perisphinctes
: a genus (the type of the family Perisphinctidae) comprising discoidal ammonites having bifurcating ribs not interrupted on the ventral side and being characteristic of the Upper Jurassic
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?