Pera·car·i·da | \ ˌperəˈkarədə \
Definition of Peracarida
: a division of Malacostraca including among others the amphipods and isopods all having the first thoracic segment fused with the head, the thoracic legs flexed between the fifth and sixth segments, and the young developed in a brood pouch from which they escape at a late stage
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game