Pera·car·i·da | \ ˌperəˈkarədə\
Definition of Peracarida
: a division of Malacostraca including among others the amphipods and isopods all having the first thoracic segment fused with the head, the thoracic legs flexed between the fifth and sixth segments, and the young developed in a brood pouch from which they escape at a late stage
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game