Definition of Pentatomidae
: a large and widely distributed family of terrestrial bugs (order Hemiptera) usually flattened and angular in form and often brilliantly colored that live mainly on the juices of plants and fruits though some are important predators of caterpillars and other insect pests — compare harlequin bug
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game