Definition of Pentatomidae
: a large and widely distributed family of terrestrial bugs (order Hemiptera) usually flattened and angular in form and often brilliantly colored that live mainly on the juices of plants and fruits though some are important predators of caterpillars and other insect pests — compare harlequin bug
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game