Pel·laea | \ pəˈlēə, peˈ-\
Definition of Pellaea
: a genus of mostly small rock-loving ferns (family Polypodiaceae) having pinnate or pinnatifid often evergreen fronds and intramarginal sori with the indusium formed by the reflexed margins of the fertile segments
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?