Pe·dic·u·lar·is | \ pə̇ˌdikyəˈla(a)rə̇s\
Definition of Pedicularis
: a large genus of hemiparasitic herbs (family Scrophulareaceae) found in temperate or alpine regions that have pinnate or pinnatifid leaves and variously colored bilabiate flowers in terminal spikes — see lousewort
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game