Pe·cop·ter·is | \ pə̇ˈkäptərə̇s\
Definition of Pecopteris
: a genus of Carboniferous fossil ferns characterized by a regular arrangement of the leaflets resembling a comb
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game