Pa·ye·na | \ pāˈyēnə\
Definition of Payena
: a genus of Malayan trees (family Sapotaceae) of medium to very large size having fascicled flowers growing at or near the leaf axils, bearing fruit with one or two endospermous seeds, and yielding gutta-percha
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game