Definition of Passiflorales
in some classifications
: an order of dicotyledonous herbs, tendril-bearing vines, shrubs, and trees that have alternate leaves, pentamerous flowers with a superior one-celled ovary, and a fruit which is a berry or capsule and that include plants now usually placed in Parietales and Cucurbitales
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game