Pas·ser·i·na | \ ˌpasəˈrīnə\
Definition of Passerina
: a genus of small North American bush-loving finches resembling the tanager that are in the male brightly colored in blue or red or variegated and that include the indigo, lazuli, and painted buntings
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game