Pa·ro·tia | \ pəˈrōsh(ē)ə, -ōtēə\
Definition of Parotia
: a genus of birds of paradise including several forms distinguished by the presence of three long spatulate feathers on each side of the head
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game