Par·nas·si·us | \ pärˈnasēəs\
Definition of Parnassius
: a genus of stout-bodied butterflies (family Papilionidae) having short antennae and almost transparent white or yellowish wings marked with black or red ocelli and occurring in the colder parts of the northern hemisphere
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?