Pa·ri·sian·ism | \ -ˌnizəm\
Definition of Parisianism
1 : the traits of a Parisian his Parisianism, grafted upon an imperishable brogue, gave to his utterance a very curious charm— Max Beerbohm
2 : a habit or mannerism (as of speech) observable especially in Parisians
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game