Pa·ra·ná pine | \ ¦parə¦nä-\
Definition of Paraná pine
1 : a timber tree (Araucaria brasiliana) of southern Brazil and adjacent regions
2 or less commonly Parana pine \ " \ or Parana plural -s : the rather soft yellowish to brown and often rose-streaked wood of paraná pine that is variable in weight and durability, is readily worked and polished, and is used largely in interior finish
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game