variants: or Panmunjeom
Definition of Panmunjom
village in the demilitarized zone on the North Korea—South Korea border southeast of the city of Kaesong, North Korea
Note: Panmunjom was the site of Korean War truce talks from 1951 to 1953.
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game