variants: or Panmunjeom
Definition of Panmunjom
village in the demilitarized zone on the North Korea—South Korea border southeast of the city of Kaesong, North Korea
Note: Panmunjom was the site of Korean War truce talks from 1951 to 1953.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game