Pan·do·ri·na | \ ˌpandəˈrīnə\
Definition of Pandorina
: a genus of plantlike flagellates closely related to Volvox that form a small spherical colony of sixteen cells enclosed in a delicate gelatinous envelope through which the flagella project
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game