Pacific Oceangeographical name
Definition of Pacific Ocean
ocean extending from the Arctic Circle to the Antarctic regions and from western North America and western South America to eastern Asia and Australia area 69,375,000 square miles (180,375,000 square kilometers)
Note: The Pacific Ocean is often divided at the Equator into the North Pacific Ocean and the South Pacific Ocean .
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game