Pacific Crest Trailgeographical name
variants: or officially Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail
Definition of Pacific Crest Trail
wilderness recreational trail authorized in 1968 and extending 2650 miles (4264 kilometers) along the crests of the Sierra Nevada and Cascade ranges from the border with Mexico through California, Oregon, and Washington to the border with Canada and connecting seven national parks—Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite, Lassen Volcanic, Crater Lake, Mount Rainier, and North Cascades
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game