Definition of POC
1 person of color (see color sense 12) Being a POC in Vermont has been lonely for me and the other Vermonters of color I've met. We've lived most our lives as the only ones; the only POC in our classes, the only POC in our extracurricular activities, the only POC (excluding family members) in our neighborhoods.— Kina Thorpe … many of our artists are POCs that felt excluded from Vancouver's electronic music scene, so we carved our own space.— Nancy Lee people of color … donate proceeds to the many POC doing revolutionary work at various levels of the industry.— RJ Joseph
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game