Père David's deernoun
Père Da·vid's deer | \ ¦perdə¦vēdz-, (ˈ)per¦dāvə̇dz-\
Definition of Père David's deer
: a large grayish deer (Elaphurus davidianus) having long slender antlers and probably originating in northern China but known only from domesticated herds
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game