Ox·yb·e·lis | \ äkˈsibələ̇s\
Definition of Oxybelis
: a genus of slender chiefly arboreal back-fanged snakes (family Colubridae) having slender pointed snouts and being widely distributed in tropical America with one species occurring as far north as Arizona
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game