Oto·mac | \ ˌōtəˈmäk\
variants: or Otomaco \ -ä(ˌ)kō \ or Otomak \ -äk \
plural Otomac or Otomaco or Otomak or Otomacs or Otomacos or Otomaks
Definition of Otomac
1a : an extinct aboriginal people of southern Venezuela
b : a member of such people
2 : the language of the Otomac people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game