Os·tra·co·da | \ ˌästrəˈkōdə, äˈstrakədə\
Definition of Ostracoda
: a subclass of crustacea comprising small active mostly freshwater forms having the body enclosed in a bivalve shell composed of right and left valves, the body segmentation obscured, the abdomen rudimentary, and only seven pairs of appendages
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?