Definition of Orthonectida
: an order or other division of Mesozoa comprising a number of rare parasites of the tissues and cavities of various invertebrates that alternate between an asexual plasmodial generation and a sexual generation resembling the nematogens of dicyemids but having numerous internal cells — compare dicyemida
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game