Oro·hip·pus | \ ˌōrōˈhipəs\
Definition of Orohippus
: a genus of very small American Eocene horses having four complete toes in front and three behind and having the tubercles of the molar teeth partially fused into a set of ridges
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game