Oreo·car·ya | \ ˌōrē(ˌ)ōˈka(a)rēə\
Definition of Oreocarya
: a genus of perennial herbs (family Boraginaceae) that resemble forget-me-nots, have leafy stems and small white or yellow flowers in one-sided spikes or racemes, and are found in the western U.S. and adjacent Mexico
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game