Ore·jón | \ ¦ȯrə¦hōn\
plural Orejón\ " \ or Orejones\ -ō(ˌ)nās \
Definition of Orejón
1 : any of various North American or South American Indian peoples known to distend the earlobes with metal or wooden disks or ornaments: such as
a : coto entry 1
b : chané
c : a Witotoan people of southern Colombia and eastern Ecuador
d : a Coahuiltec people of Texas
e : any of several peoples of the northwest coast of the U.S.
2 : a member of any of the Orejón peoples
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?