Ophio·glos·sa·ce·ae | \ ˌäfē(ˌ)ō(ˌ)gläˈsāsēˌē, ˌōf-\
Definition of Ophioglossaceae
: a family of eusporangiate ferns (order Ophioglossales) that are more or less succulent and have a stem and usually a single frond with thin sheathing stipules and sporophylls forming a spike or panicle, the sporangia opening by transverse slits — see ophioglossum
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game