Opa·ta | \ ōˈpätə \
plural Opata or Opatas
Definition of Opata
1a : a Taracahitian people or group of peoples of the northeastern part of the state of Sonora, Mexico
b : a member of such people or group of peoples
2 : the language of the Opata people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game