Onis·cus | \ ōˈniskəs\
Definition of Oniscus
: a genus (the type of the family Oniscidae) comprising isopods that cannot roll into a ball and formerly including most of the known isopods but now restricted to a few chiefly Old World terrestrial forms with flattened body, large eyes, and 3-jointed antennal flagella
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game