Omaha Beachgeographical name
Definition of Omaha Beach
the west central part of Normandy beaches in northwestern France northwest of Bayeux
Note: During World War II Omaha Beach was a landing place of American army forces during the Allied invasion of France on June 6, 1944.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game