variants: or in Canada Okanagan
Definition of Okanogan
river 300 miles (483 kilometers) long in U.S. and Canada flowing from Okanagan Lake (in southeastern British Columbia) into the Columbia River in northeastern Washington
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game