Ogee·chee lime | \ ōˈgēchē-\
Definition of Ogeechee lime
1 : the acid olive-shaped drupe of a tupelo (Nyssa ogeche) of the southern U.S.
2 : a tree whose fruits are Ogeechee limes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game