Odon·toph·o·rus | \ ˌōˌdän‧ˈtäf(ə)rəs\
Definition of Odontophorus
: a genus of Central and South American crested partridges that resemble quails and are placed in a distinct subfamily of Phasianidae or sometimes isolated in a distinct family
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?