Odo·ben·i·dae | \ ˌōdōˈbenəˌdē\
Definition of Odobenidae
: a small family of marine mammals (suborder Pinnipedia) that are related to the seals, have a thick tough nearly hairless skin underlaid by a thick layer of blubber and the upper canines enlarged into tusks, and include the walruses and extinct related forms
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?