Oak Ridgegeographical name
Definition of Oak Ridge
city west of Knoxville in eastern Tennessee population 29,330
Note: Oak Ridge was established by the U.S. government in World War II as a vast complex for nuclear research and development and was incorporated as a city in 1959.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?