Definition of Malawi
country in southeastern Africa bordering on Lake Malawi, but otherwise landlocked; formerly a British protectorate; an independent member of the Commonwealth of Nations since 1964; a republic since 1966; capital Lilongwe area 45,747 square miles (118,484 square kilometers), population 19,843,000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game