plural Nung or Nungs
Definition of Nung
1 : a Thai-speaking group of peoples known by a variety of names with slight phonetic variations and mainly found in Kwangsi province of China but also in northern Vietnam — compare giai
2a : a Tibeto-Burman people related to the Chingpaw in north Burma but having a more archaic language
b : a member of such people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game