No·top·ter·i·dae | \ ˌnōˌtäpˈterəˌdē\
Definition of Notopteridae
: a small family of freshwater fishes (order Isospondyli) of West Africa and southeastern Asia having the dorsal fin when present short and high, the anal fin long and confluent with the caudal, and the air bladder complex
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?