Nos·trat·ic | \ nȯˈstratik, nä-, nə-, -atik\
Definition of Nostratic
: a hypothesized family of languages ancestral to several of the established language families of Eurasia and northern Africa and including in some classifications the Indo-European, Uralic, Altaic, Kartvelian, Dravidian, and Afro-Asiatic languages
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?