Definition of Northern Paiute
1a : a group of Shoshonean peoples in western Nevada, southeastern Oregon, and northeastern California
b : a member of any such peoples
2 : any of the dialects of the Shoshonean language family spoken by the Northern Paiute peoples
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?