North Koreageographical name
Definition of North Korea
country north of the 38th parallel on the Korea Peninsula in eastern Asia; capital P'yǒngyang area 46,609 square miles (120,717 square kilometers), population 24,700,000
Note: North Korea was established as a Communist republic in 1948.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game